These instructions pertain to correctly cleaning and/or sanitizing corded and cordless assembly tools and controllers. When cleaning or sanitizing assembly tools, below are a few important guidelines to follow to ensure proper sanitization and prevent equipment damage.
Recommended Cleaning/ Sanitization Products:
We recommend applying cleaner or sanitizer to a cloth and not directly sprayed on the equipment in order to prevent moisture ingress.
- Premoistened Disinfectant Wipes
- General Household Disinfectant spray
- General purpose glass cleaner for controller screens
Cleaning and / or Sanitization Notes:
- Avoid applying excess moisture to the tools and controllers
- Petroleum based cleaners & harsh solvents should be avoided
- Never submerge the products in any liquid
- Always follow the tool and controller safety guidelines in the product manuals
- Avoid damage to the tool serial number label cover and the MFP. If any cleaning agent penetrates the SN label cover, the label may become unreadable.
Tool Cleaning/ Sanitization Directions:
- Disconnect the controller and tools from any power source, whether electric or battery powered. For B-Series cordless tools, the battery should be completely removed.
- Using a soft, slightly damp scratch free cloth with any of the above approved cleaning agents, thoroughly wipe down the tool and controller. Avoid allowing excessive moisture into any openings.
- Ensure enough time is allotted for the cleaning agent to effectively sanitize the surface.
- Towel-dry the tool and controller, making sure to absorb any remaining moisture.
- Allow to air dry completely before applying any power to the tool/ controller, don’t use compressed air.
- Reassemble any tool components that were disassembled for cleaning and reconnect any cables that was previously disconnected.
Power on the tool and controller and confirm proper operation.